Both seasons and possibilities of local producers are important for the daily menu. We have specialised on reindeer from the area, an exclusive and very ecological type of meat directly from the mountains around - read more about it on an own chapter here.
Besides reindeer we do use following products in our menus:
- Goat meat from the farm Valbjør in Vågå
- Mountain trout from mountain lakes in the valley
- Meat from the old norwegian cow
- Bread - some homemade, some from Ødegaarden Bakery
- Herbs, tea and lettuce from the farm Aukrust in Lom
- Cheese from Brimi mountain farm, Avdem farm and Heidal
- Dried meat from Thomas Stebergløkken in Heidal
- Almond potatoes from the farm Sve in Vågå
- Generally only norwegian meat and fish
Besides this we try to pick some local berries from the nature around us, rubarb from the kitchen garden and fresh birch leaves for the menus. Take contact for more detailed information about the menu we serve on a specific day!
1) Allergy: Please inform us latest three days prior to arrival. We try to cater all needs, but ask to get the information early for our plannings. Do also give information about how serious your allergy is. We experience too often that we prepare special food and then the guest likes to taste the other food anyway - «I can have little of it». Then we have to throw food.
2) Special wishes: We respect everyone who stops to eat meat from industrial production or other products with not sustainable production methods. But: We would be grateful if you could open your horizon for our philosophy when you are our guest. You could eat our reindeer meat without any bad conscience. The fish we use is either fished in Norway or produced of smaller, clean aqua cultures. We do often buy whole slaughts and use all parts. None of these products you would find in a normal supermarket. Try – when you visit us! If you do not like that, see point 1). We do cater all needs with one exception: We do not make 100% vegan food.